Anticipation is high for this year’s Facebook f8 conference. For those who don’t know what f8 is all about though it can be quite confusing as to why it is so talked about these days. The f8 conference is an event for “developers, entrepreneurs and innovators who are connecting people across platforms and defining tomorrow’s websites, applications and devices”. In short its a conference for everyone involved in the business of social media.
The conference, which is to be held tomorrow at the San Francisco Design Center at 635 8th Street in San Francisco, California will have three simultaneous tracks: the industry track, techniques track, open technologies track, and new tools track. Topics to be discussed under each track include:
- Facebook’s Growth – framework and tips
- Mobile + Social: Connecting the Dots
- Social Games: State of the Art and Next Generation
- From Idea to Successful Business – Evolving business models in the social web
- Making Things Fast – On optimizing the speed and scalability of Facebook apps integration
- Basics of Integrating with Facebook
- Focus on Feed
- Designing for the Social Web – Site development and latest social plugins
Open Technologies Track
- Open Source PHP Development
- Tornado: Facebook’s Real-Time Web Framework
- Get Started Faster with Three20 – Building iPhone apps
- Fireside Chat about Open Technologies – Emerging standards
New Tools Track
- Not much information here but apparently new tools will have its own four sessions so probably there will be some new tools launched during the f5 conference.
As you can see in the next few days we can expect a glut of information appearing on blogs an on Facebook pages about stuff people learned during the f8 conference.